Master and accelerate effective onboarding to excel in your new senior technical role
Stepping into the role of a Staff+ engineer can trigger imposter syndrome and overwhelm, even for experienced leaders. Navigating new responsibilities, teams, and organizations may feel like uncharted territory. However, the difference between a successful onboarding experience and a stressful one often lies in understanding and applying essential do's and don'ts.
Our expert panelists will delve into how these guidelines act as a compass, helping engineers communicate their learning styles, seek mentorship, and prioritize their tasks effectively. By embracing these principles, individuals can confidently navigate their path in this ever-evolving landscape, harnessing their potential and thriving in their Staff+ roles.
- How to identify and communicate your learning style
- What to avoid doing when you’re new to a Staff+ role
- How to start building a network and form key relationships (even if you’re an introvert)
- How to begin mapping out and prioritizing what to spend your time on
- Approaches for getting up to speed quickly without feeling overwhelmed
Blanca works as a Lead Analytics Engineer at the Berlin-based fintech startup Topi.
Sally is a Principal Software Engineer at Splunk.
Staff Software Engineer/Tech Lead at The New York Times
Staff Platform Engineer at Lob